View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 08:15 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
L'E-mail A Des Alles is a great song. It's one of her many songs I listen to all the time.

Alcaline is another great song imo that is underrated or maybe under achieving is a better word for it. I think this would have made for a great video. Of course it's about her apparently unhappy in the world she lives in, then puts her headphones on and gets lost in the music. In a video I could see her working in some dark, dingy office. She's got her hair tied up in a bun, thick glasses and a frumpy coat, then she puts her headphones on, turns up the music, the hair comes down, glasses off. The coat comes off to reveal a beautiful outfit underneath. She closes her eyes and get's carried a away to a world of paradise created by the music.

It's easy to picture how this could have been and how perfect she would have been for the role. A great opportunity lost.

There was a lot of untapped potential for music videos in just about all of her albums, though of course no major artist can make a video for every song. I think we were discussing in the past which songs we each wish had got a music video.

Kajue and I both mentioned Hey Amigo. Gourmadises had 4 standout singles with Music Videos (Moi Lolita, Parler tout bas, L'alize, gourmandise) but MCE only had 3 (JEAM, ACC, JPVA) and Hey Amigo could've been great as a 4th to continue that pattern, though to be fair MCE is packed with great songs so you could make a case for most of the others as well in that album.

Sometimes I wonder if the songs they chose to make Music Videos for in the later albums were the right ones.

Fifty Sixty is good enough, I would've preferred Lilly Town to have the Music Video but 5060 is still a decent choice.

Not sure Les Colines was best for UEDS personally, but the album as a whole isn't the sort of music that demands to be accompanied by a Music Video. Still though, there are some cool concepts to play around with there, LimeLight had a teaser and I'd be fascinated to know what a Factory Girl or Eden Eden music video could've looked like.

A cause de l'automne I think was likely the best choice for 5 so not much else to be said there.

And of course Blonde is just Blonde, but I agree an Alcaline Music Video probably would've been more interesting, other songs like K.O would be good candidates too.