View Single Post
Old 06-15-2023, 04:00 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
Viewers on Alizee America seem to be going up; so maybe some of the video traffic is finding Alizee-America; so we will have more members !
We have a lot of people lurking here but not becoming a member. I used to watch the statistics closely for a while, those showing current active users. At the time I am writing this, there are 204 active users and 197 of those are guests. All we know is their IP address, and from an IP you can use a reverse lookup to know approximately where in the world they are residing (unless they are connecting using a VPN or similar method to browse incognito).

Many if not most of the connections are web crawlers. You might find what looks to be a legit guest browsing our site. Maybe one out of ten, if that. We used to have a big problem with spammers auto-registering and then spamming all of our threads and that is when we started the two-step process for activating new members.

I myself lurked here as a guest for several years before I registered, so hopefully some of the guests we are currently having will take that step in the future sometime.