View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 01:31 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
French Radio London debuts in metro & via Internet

A BBC article titled Can we learn to love French pop music? covers the debut today of French Radio London, the capital's first Gallic music station. The station writes about itself as follows::<blockquote>For most of the past 50 years, French music has not been cool... And yet... the last 15 years has seen the emergence of cool Gallic acts like Daft Punk, Air and Phoenix... For more than a decade France has imposed quotas of about 40% French language songs on radio... [But at the new London station] 80% of the station's music will be by French artists or in their native tongue.</blockquote>Among comments posted under the article are the following two.

Ian Oliver, via Facebook, writes:
Its no better nor worse than English language pop music... Myléne Farmer sounds like a cross between The Cure and Madonna with her head in a bucket. And brought Alizee (see below) into the pop world.
aLRight, FanDe! I was hoping someone else here might have noticed that article! (I shoulda known who it woulda been...)

Anyway, the one comment mentions Alizée, and then says "see below", but then there's no way of seeing the other "below" comment being referenced! Fooey. But I sure did enjoy the "head in a bucket" line. Made my day. And if England might be showing renewed interest in French pop music, can't it happpen in the U.S., too?