View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 11:43 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
MA's idea is a good one indeed. If he or someone else wants to do that, I'd wholeheartedly applaud! But sorry, please accept that I'm not volunteering for such a task. Earlier, I was mostly talking about various other ways to work on one's language skills, ways that hardly seem like studying at all. This is more like work! (both are good, of Corse...)

Oh yes - the wikipedia language primer that MA mentioned is also quite commendable! (And also still has some gaps, like parts of the first test that aren't there. But they're still working on it.) That might be a good way to start?

My main caution to someone starting a language course here would only be "why build a boat from scratch if you just want to sail?" There are plenty of fine boats already out there.

ps - sorry if that all sounded like rain on the parade. (Or overegotistical and/or douchey.) I guess I mean like "go for it", it's just going to be pretty time-consuming, and I personally can't commit....
This idea came to mind a year ago, but I never posted about this because I know the difficulties associated with introducing a full-fledged online teaching session type of thing.

I was in hurry, so I didn't post my idea in detail that time. First of all let me make it clear that I don't want members to spend extra time or effort for anything like this. Rather I have been thinking about finding a way so that we all those who are interested in learning can co-ordinate their efforts and do this together without doing anything extra. For ex - many of us spend at least an hour here and read more than 10 posts. Instead of adding learning as completely separate task, if we can just include it as normal forum activity then it might be easier for everyone. Moreover we can just post questions in this forum and hope someone to answer in a week or so just like you guys have been doing so far.

No need to build a boat. Just take an existing one, get together and use that only.