View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I don't understand civ4 at all

My comp always freezes if I accidentally zoom in any direction, the other civs will discover freaking monotheism on the fourth turn when it takes me twelve

I expand like a motherfucker in the early turns, and the dumbfuck wolves keep taking out my settlements (WOLVES AND BEARS ARE NOT BARBARIANS IF THEY DON'T COME IN FRIENDLY FLAVORS WITH NICE LITTLE GOODY HUTS)

and no matter where I start, it's either hills and mountains for 50 squares each direction, or I'm on a fucking island with no iron or copper
•The game comes with a narrated tutorial.
•The computer freezing issue is your computer's fault, not the game's. I've been playing Civ IV for months and have never experienced any freezing whatsoever.
•No one can discover monotheism on the fourth turn, since you need to discover mysticism, polytheism, and masonry, first.
•If you "expand like a motherfucker in the early turns" the upkeep of all the cities will bring you down. You can't use Civ III strategies on Civ IV.
•Last time I checked, wild animals can't raze settlements.
•Also the resources are scattered across the map, you can't expect to have every resource on your terrain. And even if you were to cover the whole map, you won't be able to see the resources unless you've discovered the tech needed for it to become visible.