View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 11:51 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As far as my vacation schedule, this is what it looked like.

Left work at 7am. Caught a 9pm flight to London. Arrived London 8am. Could not check into hotel that early. Went on tour of London, arrived back at hotel about 6pm. Finally able to check in. Went out to dinner, then crashed.

Next day after spending a lot of time on line, trying to get a ticket to Les Enfoires, went to museum about an hour and a half north of London. Had to walk 2 miles there from train station and back. Again only had enough energy to go out to dinner then back to crash again.

Next day, had to do a lot on line to arrange my plans in France/Holland. Finally went to see Churchill's headquarters during the war. Because one of my credit card companies looked upon me buying a train ticket on line as suspicous activity , despite how much I travel, I had to waste a lot of time going to the train station where I was to leave the following morning to get my ticket in advance.

Next day, got up at 5 am to get train to Paris through chunnel (didn't see a thing). From Paris took train to Caen. Rented a car. Drove to an area where the famous German tank commander Michael Whittman was killed in an ambush. Then drove to Arromanches, arriving there late, had dinner and went to bed.

Next day, went to Villers Bocage where Michael Whittman tore up an allied column about a week after d day. I had lunch in Villers Bocage,then I went on a 3 hour drive to Tours. Arrived there late. Just had time to go out to dinner and then crashed.

Next day, took about a 3 hour drive to Oradour-sur-glane where a ss massacre took place about a week after d day, then 3 hours back. Arrived back in time to have dinner, then watched DALS. Was able to place over 300 votes for Alizee, thinking it might cost me 3 euros apiece. I wasn't sure at all. I see those texts on my phone bill, but haven't seen a bill yet so I dont know if I succeeded.

Next day, because I spent too much time celebrating, made a late start to Amsterdam. It was about a 3 hour ride to Paris, then another 3 hour ride to Amsterdam. Arrived there late, with no time to site see. Next day to Anne Frank's house, then to the area where Alizee performed, then to Van Gogh museum. Out to dinner that night, then time to pack to go home the next day. Back to work the following day. So I haven't had a whole lot of time to follow things closely.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-30-2013 at 12:01 PM..