View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Exactly, which is also the major problem with the "Why do you think Psychedelices became a watershed?" thread: By what standard of success are you supposed to measure? The standard that I use (and personnaly, one I think would suit most fans of Alizée) is Alizée's own happiness and satisfaction with her accomplishment. I really think it is reasonable for Alizée to define her own success. Of course, being a fan, I wish she were fully recognized for the greatness I feel she deserves in both wealth and accolades. But really, if she's happy, I'm happy. I just feel it's more important to know that there are American's that adore her as fans with the same furvor as any of her other fans and hope that that brings her happiness and satisfaction.
I couldn't agree with you more, well said.

It's too bad that artists have to worry about sales to keep their careers alive, knowing that if the gatekeepers aren't satisfied they can close the door on you; having to rely on an unpredictable and often unforgiving music buying public. I keep worrying that Alizée is worrying. I just hope going forward that she will have nothing to worry about.

Yeah, RCS. That's what I'm talking about...