View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
I'm confused. From what I understand, the rules permit only people residing in France to participate.
That's just for the contest to meet her. They will still sell you tickets and the CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
Rouen too. On the 27th November.

I'm so happy

We didn't buy VIP tickets at all. I never win anything and I think I will just buy my album in a store. Or on amazon. Or someone will buy it for me.
That's an interesting thought.... going to another show. I decided this morning to try to get my ticket during my lunch break and I thought following the link to the VIP package would be the easiest route. I know I will end up buying more than one CD anyway.

Thanksgiving

I've discovered through sources that Thanksgiving in the US is two days after the Olympia date. That won't help finding good deals on airfare around that time. Also longer lines at the airports here. I'm not going to buy any airline tickets yet. As much as I want to see her have a tour, I'm not convinced it will happen. I'm going to wait a while and arrange travel later.

Credit Cards

In the past I've found that suddenly making an on-line international purchase when you don't normally do that can cause your credit card company to reject the purchase. You can call your card issuer and tell them you are about to make a purchase and then it should go through right away. I go through the purchase procedure right up until they tell you a total (usually in Euros) and then before I submit the order I call my card company (number on the back of the card) and I use the automated menus to find 'notify us of an upcoming purchase.' My company asks for an exact dollar amount but as long as you are close it's not a problem. Convert the Euro price into dollars (today it's $1.37 per Euro) and add a few dollars for currency conversion fees and tell that figure to the card company. Then submit your order and it should go through (unless there are other issues.)

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 05-19-2014 at 08:30 PM..