View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

@Rev, thanks for the charts. I've always found the history and lineage of languages to be very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
oh I don't think that this is uninteresting at all

I find it pretty fascinating to know so much about your ancestry... also I'm from Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (Western Pomerania), my (maternal) grandmother is from Pommern too (while my grandfather is from East Prussia... both obviously had to leave their homes because of the war) so Pommern isn't something totally uncommon to me. I think it's really interesting to know more detailed things about your ancestry and where you come from (I don't know that much about mine... my dad's parents [which I've never met] are from the "Sudentenland" which is now part of the Czech Republic [so it's not that uncommon to find Polish or Czech sounding names in Germany... but I bet that's not so rare in the US either, as I said before it's fascinating how many origins Americans can have).. do you when did your mother's ancestry left Pommern?

ok. This is really really off-topic. I better stop now xD

it's actually pretty cool that all these languages have the same origin... also it reminds me that when you are German it's so weird when you listen to Dutch people... because you are always able to understand a bit... it sounds like really bad German xD

My mother's side of the family came to the US in the 1860's and settled here in Minnesota.