Thread: Alizée Facts
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 10:56 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée and Melissa Mars comparison

I wasn't sure where to post this tiny tidbit so I'll just post it here. I like Melissa Mars and Mozart l'Opera Rock but lets clear up a few things shall we...

Melissa Mars did not win 3 Awards at the NRJ Music Awards as stated somewhere here before. In fact she did not win one by her single effort, rather it was a collective win by the whole Mozart Troup. That said lets see what the awards where won for:

Francophone Revelation of the Year: Florent Mothe from Mozart l'Opéra Rock
Francophone Group/Duo of the Year: Mozart l'Opéra Rock
Francophone Song of the Year: "L'Assasymphonie" by Florent Mothe from Mozart l'Opéra Rock

As far as Melissa Mars' career doing so well because she does things, unlike Alizée who doesn't as previously stated. I hate to say this but if it wasn't because she hooked up with "Mozart l'Opera Rock" it's quite possible she would be doing worst then Alizée. In fact she had to cancel a previous concert because of low sales, and no concerts were celebrated afterwards as far as I know. She had less fans then Alizée had during her absence, and has been compared to Alizee in the past and she hated it. Which makes it a bit ironic that LillyTownUS would use a link for Alizée to direct traffic to a Melissa Mars forum. I'm sure she appreciated that ;-p

Every artist has their moments of glory and has times when things just don't work well. It's unfair to compare specially when one is up and the other is down. Be reasonable with your expectations and remember that things change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst. Though things can never be the same, if things changed then they can change again ;-)

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 10-03-2010 at 11:01 AM..