View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 09:45 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
I've never attended even a single planned autograph session, so I don't know much about the culture which surrounds this custom these days. Certainly I've seen some professional photography done of a portion of a session, but I wonder about the etiquette of spontaneous amateur photography.

It would be great if Scruff could pull off some videography of the Corsican girl signing his stuff. The logistics would be tricky if he goes to France alone, but not impossible, if it was permitted.

You can now buy a decent entry-level flash-memory camcorder you can carry in your pocket for about $50. I could make a documented buying suggestion, if wanted.

An autographed item is nice, but a short video clip helps better keep alive the special occasion on which it was created...

"Un millier de baisers, Alizée America!"

Wouldn't you just die to see a video clip where she says that? <G>

P.S. The token couldn't hurt.
That's a good idea about the pictures, something I have already given thought to. I still don't count my chickens until they're hatched and right now I'm still waiting for a very big one to hatch in gettiing my passport back in time. I should because I expedited it, but I'm still worried. Right now it looks like I might have a co-worker going with me and we will definitely be taking pictures and or videos of each other if we do.

I went to the autograph session back in 2007. I made the mistake of going to the Louvre late that morning. It's a huge museum with lots to see. I lost track of time and by the time I got back to the hotel, showered and back to Virgin megastore, a pretty good line had already formed. I was quite a ways back from where Roman, RMJ, Ben and the others were.

I had no idea how these things worked. I had never cared about a celebrity or singer in a way where I tried to get an autograph from them. I thought you get in line, you come to a point where you buy the album, then you get her to autograph it. So after being in line for a while, some of the French people started talking to each other and they started pulling out the albums out of their backpacks, purses, bags, what have you and showing them to each other. Then the horror set in realizing you had to buy the album beforehand and I was emptyhanded with the exception of an autogaph book I had brought that had a note to her that a fellow aircraft mechanic who was originally born in France, then moved to the states had helped me write. I thought man, she's going to think I'm a cheap ass American!

The line was way long by now and I thought if I get out of line now to buy the album, I might not make it back to her before she has to leave. I was worried sick. After a while though, there were apparently some people in the same boat as me and when we got to a point in line up to where some of the security folks were, they let us out of line, to go purchase it and let us rejoin the line at the same point. So I bought 5 for me and people I work with, which is great, the more she has to autograph, the more time you get to stand in front of her just gazing at her.