View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 02:11 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
As much as I love sport cars, my complaint would be the speed limits that American streets and highways have. What good is it to have a car with 600+ horse power if you can't use them, and why is it illegal to drive at high speeds and not illegal to make cars that go at very high speeds ?? Another good reason to want to move to Europe, the Autobahn...
Although top speed is often the most visible measuring stick, as it is easily communicated, the true beauty is the overall peformance. Cornering. Acceleration. Braking. When you build a car to perform on the high end of the spectrum, it tends to really shine at the normal end of the spectrum. Sure, this car is a show car or a true racer (take it to the track and have fun). It over performs as a daily driver, but when you need it on the daily drive (pulling onto a highway from a side road, stopping, swerving to avoid an obstacle, or accelerating to pass)...it pretty much gives you more than anything else out there.

Of course, all that safety margin is all but eroded in that I don't know of many folks who can drive a beast like that and keep it at or under the speed limit.