View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 11:28 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Alizée does not, in my opinion, need to have a virtual orgy with the audience. It's enough for her to share her love, her spirit, and herself. Personally, I always felt the hyper-sexed stuff she sometimes did in the past struck a wrong note. By that I don't mean "wrong" in a moral sense, just not true to who she was.
I think one reason that it went over so well to begin with was because it was so obvious that she was not that person, there was an innocence about it all. Everybody knew on some level that the dance was simply a part of the act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixty Sixty View Post
Everyone carriers their inner child with them for their whole lives, and I believe Alizée is able to connect with that in people which may account for the wide range in age of her fanbase. She also validates people by being genuinely appreciative of her fans. I don't think you can fake this stuff. Alizée seems to be well aware of how the entertainment business can jade a celebrity if you listen to the lyrics of 50/60, and she seems to be intent on not letting that happen to her.
And I have to give her credit for being stable enough to keep her balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Its not so much a "childishness" that I'm seeing conveyed as it is a child-like innocence that, to me, says "Let go of your adult worries, if only for tonight." As charismatic as she's being in these concerts, it works marvelously.
Playful & fun.

The audience is coming to see a French performer. Without knowing (maybe someone can comment) I would guess that they already think of her as sophisticated. Therefore, her playfulness is probably very refreshing.