View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 09:33 AM

zingy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Good info to know zingy! I'll have to make sure I bring my credit card with me next time I go.
This is actually a common technique of social climbers. Find an interest of a celebrity or nobleman/old money and use that to know the person. That is one of the reasons charities try to get famous patrons. If a celebrity has an interest in saving the red tailed snail darter of Cucamonga, he would do expensive fundraisers, and the social climbers would buy the tickets for access. They would also know to discuss the snail darter or whatever else interested the celebrity.

Lady (NOT Princess!) Diana raised many, many millions for charity with this method. She was the ultimate person "to know."

Social climbing is a skill, one that women are the best at. There are many books written about it. Can't push too hard, need to do it just right.

Social climbing can be an expensive hobby, but "I know" (quotes intentional, this is about "who you know") social climbers that actually became friends of celebrities and old money people, as in even getting invited to their houses for dinner.

Last edited by zingy; 01-04-2020 at 09:37 AM..