View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 06:55 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
I wanted to give this thread a bump so members can post their suggestions.
Fan and member apathy is mostly the reason why we still have 2012 news on the home page, let's get this stuff done guys. If we can show Ben we're serious about updating the site, maybe we can get more done.

EDIT -
By the way, those are good suggestions CC although I was thinking more along the lines of rectangular, banner-like pictures such as the one we have now. However, we could also include vertical pictures such as the Isla Bonita picture you posted as banners on either side of the page. Thoughts?
I was hoping we would move away from static HTML for the home page and move towards something more dynamic and modern. I would not suggest Flash, but HTML 5.

Here is a template I found as an example. It does not have to be this particular way, but hopefully it can promote some discussion. As mentioned before, I am a more "nuts and bolts" IT guy, not a graphic artist. That is why I don't design web sites. But I do know what I like when I see it.

In the below template, the photo gallery is Pinterest style. Photos don't have to confined to banner size - they can be any size and they will be resized to fit. It you hover the mouse over a photo, it will let you display it full size in a pop-up windows, similar to Pinterest. You can embed audio clips, which can be pieces of Moi Lolita, L'Alize, JEAM, etc.

The gray bar across the top is where we can insert our banner content. It can be the current banner picture and "Alizee America" embedded somehow. The old style tabs should somehow be redesigned or removed altogether. The white space on the right half of the template is for any other content we want to put in there. Twitter and FB feeds, Bio, Links, Latest Discussions, and so on.

My opinion is when a visitor lands on this page, maybe because they just saw their first few Alizee videos on YT, they will be instantly greeted by familiar photos, many from her most popular videos, and they know they are at the right spot.

Edit:

With HTML5, such as this template, as you expand/reduce the width of the browser, the number of picture columns increase/decrease to always occupy half the browser window. Of course, the minimum is one column of pictures.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-11-2018 at 06:59 AM..