Thread: Mes Fantômes
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

1. A very beautiful and spiritual song. It brings that sadness and yet it also brings something else. Hard to explain. Before knowing the lyrics I still got similar, if not the same, feelings when listening to this song. There is that sense of just an ending. Looking back on everything, some things with regret and other things that one must move on from. A perfect end to this album.

2. It has that slightest sense of sadness to it but it also brings a spiritual punch or something I can't explain. Like babyblue said, kind of a dreamy feeling. Very relaxing. Calming.

3. Well, I seem to like everything in this song. The slight whispering echo behind her wonderful voice, I love the music and the beat, everything really. But thats just me, I really enjoy electronic music and such. I really love her voice in this song. The low range and notes she sings are just wonderful and mesmerizing.

4. From a musical standpoint, of course I just think the song is wonderful. Nearly all her songs, well a lot of them, are at least 3 minutes long and I love that. This song falls into that 3 minute plus range. Too many songs these days are just short when I want more. So I appreciate the length. And as I said before, of course the music is great and her voice is just amazing, but the lyrics are also something to be looked at. As I don't speak French (yet ), after the first few times listening to any of her songs I look up the translated lyrics. And after knowing the lyrics to this song I liked it no less. If anything, I liked it more. The lyrics, along with the mood of the music, make it a perfect end to this album. Even though in more of a poetical rambling list, something I typically don't like, it works for this song and I really enjoy it. The song is also so very different than her other work and older stuff, but I really like it. Definately one of her more mature songs. Very powerful. Very beautiful.

Last edited by AlizéeInspired; 06-25-2010 at 12:56 PM..