View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 03:00 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well we have about 3 hours to go before it is July 4th in France. Though I had seen La Isla Bonita first, it didn't impress me that much because it was someone else's song, ML was the next song I saw and it knocked me off my feet. Though there were several great performances of this song, the one in Amsterdam really stands out to me. She seemed to have such poise for such a young girl in front of such a large foreign crowd. They loved her and she seemed to feed off of that.

It's funny though, when I've gone a while without hearing one of her songs and I need a fix, the song that starts playing in my mind is her En Concert performance of ML. Now vocally it's not as good as the studio version and performance wise, I like Amsterdam better, but I think it's just the part that she does an encore of this song and that's something that really grabs me. It's like when your at a concert and the band plays your favorite song and when it's over, everyone yells for an encore. Sometimes they oblige, sometimes they don't but it's a great feeling when they do and I guess I get that same feeling during this song or maybe it's the way she says "C'est pa ma faute" at the beginning of the encore that I like

The encore part of Moi Lolita in En Concert
https://youtu.be/sz4xDGUr91A?t=412

Maybe this is a good time to bring up my Alizée- Moi Lolita- From teenager to young woman video....

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-03-2020 at 03:20 PM..