View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 10:59 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
Because it means Jeremy may still be around. I just do not like that guy. He robbed us of Alizee's best years. At the top of her career in 2003, then...poof!!
It definitely seems that her career went downhill after she hooked up with him, starting with the decision to leave MF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
I just wonder how long it would have been sustainable.. at least sustainable at the expense of Alizee's personal life and happiness. MCE didn't sell a much as G I don't think. Her audience was growing up. You look at Miley, Britanny, Cristie A, all of these stars had to pay some personal price to maintain their stardom. Alize has always said she was a provincial girl from a little island, not the big mega star that they made her into. Also the music industry collapsed, with the growth of youtube. In fact I'm sure a lot more people listen to alizee than there are album buyers. that would not have been as easily as possible during the pre-youtube years of Alizee's first two albums..

would i have loved to have hear more of M&L's produced Alizee albums? Sure! But not at the cost of her happiness.

I mean do you really see Alizee following the trend of these misfits parading around int heir underwear because that what they think sells music?
I think it would have been very sustainable if she had stayed with MF and LB. Go to Mylene's wikipedia page and you'll see she has put out 3 albums since the split and all have done very, very well and with hardly any promotion. If there was a music industry collapse, you can't tell by looking at her stats.

Now I'm sure Mylene probably wanted to shape Alizee into an image of herself, which I've read in a few places is a raunchy image, but Mylene wrote some very beautiful music such as Coeur deja pris, Lou ou Toi, Amelie m'a dit, Tempete and a few other so I think her and Alizee could have done well in a style that would be pleasing to Alizee, but it's all water under the bridge at this point.