View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 06:30 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I was thinking it maybe somewhere in the Gorges de la Spelunca a well know local hiking spot.

I think ALS got us in the ball park!. I did a Google Earth search for the Gorges de Spelunca and from the spot it pointed to ( though the gorge itself runs a long way, I started going along the road in street view. I wanted to make quicker progress so I did a find directions from Ajaccio to the Gorges. Then I looked along that path way. Now in the earlier search I did, I noticed in some areas the road was very narrow with few places to park. So I looked for an area along the road which looked like they had parking and path ways. I found a rather large one and when I first looked along the road way, there is some type of smaller looking as what I've seen so far, temple/shrine type of structure and I think it might be for a cemetary.

Down at the gorge I saw a photo that I clicked on and it looks like a very similar type that was posted here earlier.

Back to the chase.....

Attachment 1592

Attachment 1593

Edit:

More dead ends, when 2 pieces of the puzzle would fit, the third would be way out of place. If this is the area, it seemed like the mountains from Ota to the coast were too rough to fit these mountains pictured. They do smooth out to the east.

I think there's another clue in the picture. I think there are some large power lines going from left to right on the left side of the picture and Ota does have some large power lines there, but still it doesn't seem to fit.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-02-2019 at 02:00 AM..