View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 02:19 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

oh that's an interesting topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
German is probably considered anti-beautiful? Germans (read Jenny) please don't kill me for this.
nah I would never kill you. I know A LOT of people say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I hear a lot of people say that French is the most beautiful language. I think this concept of "beautiful language" has a lot to do with the way a language sounds when properly pronounced rather than just the words of the language itself. That's why many English speakers like the sound of a person speaking English with a French accent, or for that matter, with an Italian accent. They can almost make English sound beautiful. Personally, I enjoy hearing English spoken in many different accents.
I guess you nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
cause its hard like a swine
maybe. But I think Russian is much worse... nothing against Russians ofc... but if I hear a Russian talking it sounds kinda scary xD And much "harder" than German... in my point of view.

I agree, German isn't the nicest-sounding language (and some dialects are terrible... but you have terrible dialects in every language) at all I mean it's pretty harsh or better it sounds harsh to people who doesn't know it very well... or perhaps also to people who learn it... but it's also a beautiful language, I'm convinced every language has its own beauty and I think the German-is-a-terrible-language attitude maybe has also something to do with the sometimes negative views on Germany in general... considering all the things that happened in the last century.... I just mean I highly doubt that German has the reputation of a harsh language when it comes to Goethe and Schiller... oh well I'm talking all kind of rubbish ignore that...

I think French really is one of the most beautiful languages, I don't really know how to find the right words why... it's just a language that "flows" that you are listening to and it sounds beautiful and every word seems to match with the one before in a totally perfect melodic way... I hope you know what I mean.

But I also think English is a beautiful language and it maybe sounds nicer than German too (ok, I have to be honest I have a weakness for some accents from the UK ^^)...

But I guess your opinion what language is beautiful has also something to do what kind of languages you are used too... by the way... so many people say French is the most beautiful language... I wonder what the French would pick if you would answer them this question... what language they would think is the most beautiful (apart from their mother tongue)...
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 09-29-2012 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: if there are typos in this I'm distracted atm.