View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

This was a hard decision for me, and it came down to a choice between Psych and MCE. I like the colorful design of Psych, and the only thing better than Alizée is two Alizées, right?

But ultimately it was the simplicity and neatness of MCE that won me over. It's the least "busy" cover of the lot. First, there's just a simple background with nothing to detract your attention from the subjects of the cover. Then you have the black high-heeled shoe (with no extraneous details), and Alizée looking as adorable as she ever has (and taking up less cover space than ever, which hides details and keeps things looking clean and simple). Now how you interpret the image is up to you. Is the shoe really large, or is the shoe just normal shoe-sized and Alizée really tiny? Or is it just the relative size difference that matters symbolically? Maybe it doesn't mean anything at all if you don't want it to. In any case, it's concise. The cover also uses the negative space of the background to frame the iconic "Alizée" logo (the best version, IMO), and the album name in classy script. The text looks like it was always meant to be there, not just photoshopped on later as an afterthought. But it doesn't just end there, the album title isn't a finality, it's followed by an ellipsis, which to me suggests that the really important part is what awaits inside.

Alright, maybe I thought about this a little too much. In any case, I stand by my choice.

Last edited by Antares; 06-05-2015 at 07:12 PM..