View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 09:10 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I was raised in the Midwest but moved to Texas when I was 20 and lived there for 30 years. When I moved back to the Midwest 12 years ago, I definitely brought a Texas accent back with me. I lost the accent but still use many of the words, like "ya-all".
Ah ! I was in the Midwest for a number of years, so I am familiar with it ! And my Basic Training and Tech School was in Texas. So at one time I saw the Alamo and the riverfront in San Antonia ! And the Texas Ranger; I think it is , in the Dallas Airport !

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
In J'en Ai Marre, there is a part where I hear "keep my distance". I hear it so clearly.
Thank You , Mr CouCou !I think I meant to say "I'm Fed Up" where I hear the strange words ! for instance I hear
"Ice Cream and Sunshine" and "Umbrella" and "Chicken" and " I Cried a Treasure " at some points; which I am fairly sure she is not saying that in the lyrics, but then my hearing must be really defective ! Ha ! I guess I will have to consult a list of the lyrics in english to make sure. At some points she reverts to a stanza in French ! So , perhaps I will end now, before peoplr think I am crazy ! Ha !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 10-09-2023 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts