View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
ok well I never really wanted to bring that up but sometimes you guys can be rude too, you know? Sometimes you start insult each other either even if you might only call it "bickering". You say that you are more allowed to express your opinions here but sometimes it seems that some of you overuse it. I won't say any names. But there are offensive people in every forum not only at AF.
I totally agree. There have been times when the bickering and personal name-calling and attacks have made me want to leave myself. But I guess every forum is somewhat vulnerable to these kinds of episodes.

Quote:
I remember a user here who always seemed a bit weird to me (well perhaps it was just me). He created a lot of topics and some were interesting, some were weird and some posts he wrote were just sick. He was that kind of person who could take a sentence you said - totally out of context - and turn it into something totally different. Or you were talking about something and he took the entire topic and made something totally different out of it. All in all he made you feel like a stupid idiot and when you tried to answer it was like fighting windmills, what ever you said he would take it and make something new out of it and more or less laughing about you struggling to get out of this shit - without losing your temper. Perhaps this was only my personal problem but I found THIS really insulting. And he was the reason why I was pretty fed up with AAm for a while because I already was angry when I saw his username. I don't know what the mods told him when I was so fed up that I finally reported one of his really offensive posts because I might make a fool out of myself really often, I endure a lot but sometimes it's just enough. I don't think he got banned (as being an admin myself I would probably would have banned him even if only for a while but yes he guys have a different way to deal with this... So to the admins/mods who read this: no offence guys!) But he also wrote really weird stuff about Alizée sometimes, even misinterpreted some stuff she said on purpose and this did upset me even more.
I believe I know of whom you speak. The mods were aware of his activities and he was permanently banned. I'm sorry this happened. I don't want anyone to be made to feel uncomfortable here.

Quote:
and if someone feels offended because of this post I apologise in advance but I just had to write this down.

but there are no "better" and "worse" fans. We might be in different forums but we all love Alizée.

And isn't that all what counts?
Speaking for myself, I am not offended at all and there is no need to apologize. In fact I pretty much agree with all you said.

And a note to everyone - let's not make this discussion about individuals and let's not mention people by name, especially if they can't come here and defend themselves.