View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 05:21 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
What a liability it must be for the airlines that operate the A380. Airbus and their 380 customers were lucky there wasn't enough interest to build a second batch of those planes.
I thought the business plan of Southwest Airlines was very innovative. The fleet was all (and I think still is) the 737. Overall maintenance costs kept their bottom line in black while other airlines struggled to maintain these fleets with various planes.

I am not a comfortable flyer. I am pretty much a clone of RedRafe in body size (6-3, 235 lbs since he had posted that recently), so cramming in those seats give me a good dose of claustrophobia, and I will pay extra to not be in a middle seat! Anything over around 4 hours is too much, plus I do not like heights, let alone 35K feet.

As luck would have it, being that I was a IT consultant and had some choice in who I worked for, I ended up working for clients in the aviation industry since 1997, and continues today. Maybe I was confronting my nemesis. The one remaining is an airport system in a major US city. One piece of software I wrote recorded incidents at an airport, not only at the facilities but also in flight. I have a saying that IT people know more about a company than the president or CEO, because we need to analyze raw data to ensure our software is working correctly. The amount of problems pilots report in flight was just a little bit alarming. Not things like engine failure, which would make the news, but things under the radar like funny smells in the cockpit, gyroscope failures and other instruments. Being that I don't care for flying anyway, this did not give me any warm fuzzy feelings.