View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Senior Moment

P♠N is on a distinguished road

Subtitles might be a bit too much work for now, but here's a rough transcription of some interesting parts of the show. I especially liked what people said about Alizée. And she spoke about things that are perhaps not that well known because this is not something one can discuss in a random interview.

Tina Arena:

Alizée is a great human being.
She has an enormous amount of empathy.
She is magnificent.

(After "Seulement pour te plaire")

Sublime.
You know I adore you, Alizée, I adore you!

I saw Alizée growing up.
She is an extraordinary person.
She is a young woman who owns up to her actions, who takes the good with the bad and accepts it.
She is someone who works, someone who is always likable.
To see her become the woman that she is today... I am super proud of her. Super proud of her!

This is a very beautiful song, very sophisticated. And I hear your evolution in this song (Referring to "Seulement pour te plaire")

Christophe Willem:

Yesterday, when Alizée sang the song of Patrick Fiori, "Sans bruit", wow, that was stunning.
For Alizée, it seems to be more difficult to engage (with people / discussions).
It's funny, it's like you feel there is a certain kind of protection around her.

(After Idéaliser)

"Powerful song"

Michel Fugain: "I will never look at you the same way, Alizée"

For me this was a real discovery. Thank you Alizée. I assure you Alizée, I found it tremendous/formidable.

Alizée(talking after Idealiser): I am someone who is sensible/sensitive, but who keeps a lot of those emotions inside.
Christoph's voice is a real musical instrument, I didn't expect his performance to be like that (wow)
And the fact that Christophe chose a song such as this one, it touches me, because it proves he looked around in my discography (among the songs that people don't really know) to try and know me and to discover my music.

Michel Fugain: I want to know a lot of things.
What's it like to be a young singer in 2014?
I have no idea.

(After the stories)

I had no idea, Alizée.
You are passionate.

Alizée:
There are a lot of difficulties. Especially for someone who starts like me. I started at a very young age. I was 15. The difficulty is... and I believe I am not the only one who has this problem... there are also people like Vanessa Paradis, France Gall... who have the same problem as me.
It's that ... I am 30 and people still refer to me as "the little one", like you also just called me (Referring to Michel Fugain who called Alizée "la petite")

I have done so many things in 15 years. But people think I've only done Moi Lolita. Thanks to this song I was able to travel the world. It was #1 in 22 countries. I was very lucky.

"That's sick!"
"Monumental!"
"Incredible!"
"Tremendous!"

I like when an artists take risks and enjoys himself. (Referring to Michel Fugain singing Moi Lolita)

Moi Lolita, it was by chance. Random chance. When I was young, I didn't sing. I wanted to dance during Graine de stars, but my friend asked me to participate as a singer aswell. She was the one who really wanted to become a singer and so I did her a favor by agreeing to sing aswell. Mylene Farmer was watching TF1 and there was a commercial break. Mylene switched over to M6 and saw me performing "Ma priere". The show was on in january, I met Mylene on the 18th of march. We went to New York for 10 days to record an album. She had a ... cassette recorder... I listened to a bunch of songs, melodies. I chose the ones I enjoyed the most and

**BAM... Gourmandises!**

When I was young, I didn't feel comfortable in my skin at all.
I had an unusual name.
There weren't too many Alizées.
People made fun of me.
I had glasses. I wasn't a beauty.
I didn't have many friends.
I was very shy. Very withdrawn.
It was difficult for me to ... interact... with others... and when I tried to, they pushed me aside and made fun of me.

So when I went to my dance courses it was a liberation.
I forgot all the bad things.
I took off my glasses and I could dance for hours.
I am not somebody who adores herself.
When I look in the mirror I am not in ecstasy.
When I sing on TV, I never look at myself.
I don't know why.
Everybody has their complexes and their problems.

(TF1 voiceover: Christophe, Tina and Michel are amazed by the young singer who confides for the first time... outside of her songs. )