View Single Post
Old 10-08-2023, 09:35 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default I Hear Different Words than what Alizee is Singing

As I sit here and drink some of my Bigelow's French Vanilla Tea; I wonder why it isn't Bigelow's British Vanilla Tea ? Do the French have a lock on the Vanilla Mines ? Ha ! ( Just Kidding ! )
My Native language is American English !
However, When I listen to Alizee singing "I'm Not Twenty" I hear all manner of phrases which I don't think she is saying ! This may be because my hearing may be somewhat strange as I have listened to too many aircraft engines in my time; both Prop and Jet ; as I was in our Air Force ! Just for amusement sometime : I will have to write out the lyrics I think she is saying; but I am sure they are not right ! The US is so large that Dialects change across the country. when I would visit my grandmother on one coast; I would pick up the local dialect after about a week. Then when I returned home, people would look at me funny; as I was speaking in a different "dialect" then them ! After about a week ; I would revert back to my original. But I am rambling; so I will cut out of her now and provide further info later !