View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 09:28 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default A new way of promoting that wont cost us a dime

Last week while posting in the "Alizée viral marketing" thread started by Zeerre, I got the idea of going to college forums and posting there to promote Alizée. At that time, I joined the college confidential forum and started a thread there. Just over an hour later, they closed it because it had a link to Youtube, but in that hour, it had 75 hits.

This morning I joined 2 other forums. One called Buckeye planet (Ohio state) and another called Irish envy (Notre Dame). Just about every forum seems to have a open topic section where you can post anything. I figured it was best to post something as if I was a student there and I figured it be best to make up some type of story to get the word out there (Forgive me Lord!).
Here are links to the 2 threads.

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/o...ml#post1751985

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/lepr...er-before.html

It seems like a lot of these forums are sports oriented. That doesn't really matter because like I said, they all have an open subject section.

I did a little research on the net and found out there are over 4,000 colleges/universities in this country. I'm sure there are hundreds of forums out there.

This is a great opportunity to do some free advertising for Alizée. Wont cost us a penny. All it will take is a little time on our part.

If anyone decides to do it, use your own imagination on what to say.

Each forum seems to be different. Some don't allow links. Some you have to embed a youtube code to display a video. Some you just have to post the link that's at the top of the page.

The best time to do this will probably be in a few weeks when most colleges are back in session, but it wont hurt to register or even post now.

EDIT: I added a link to La Isla Bonita

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-24-2010 at 09:53 AM..