View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 06:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Cool The popularity and background of the name Alizée?

The name is quite rare for humans, and it would be interesting to know more about the situation of that wonderful name in different countries.

I do not know how many countries have accurate data on name statistics, but I would imagine that today, especially in the West, there is already quite a lot more detailed information. But are they public?

So if people from different countries have knowledge of their country’s statistics, it would be nice to study and compare them!

Above all, I was interested in the popularity of the name Alizée in Finland, and we have accurate statistics here, even in public, so it was not difficult to study them!

A few interesting points emerged.

1. Well, the name is not very popular here, which is no surprise, but in fact I was surprised that there are as many as there are...

2. First of all, what was special was that the name became the most popular just before the rise of "our Alizée", ie 1980-1999.

3. In addition, a rather peculiar fact is that at least one (1-5) man has also been baptized under the name Alizee. Well, on the other hand, Alizée means trade wind, so why not, I think it doesn’t just apply to women, even though today, for familiar reasons, it increasingly refers to women.

In addition, most of these are probably those who came to Finland from the French-speaking area, which may justify the name culturally, otherwise the Finnish authorities consider quite carefully that the name is not too strange, etc.

4. Between 2000 and 2009, seven (7) female children were named Alizée, so it is safe to say that our Alizée inspired those choices, at least in part.

But... damn, I started wondering why the name Alizée was invented for people in the early 1980s?

When I watched and search for celebrities named Alizée, there are about 10 famous women named Alizée in the world! And virtually all of them were born between 1984 and 2000, so the mystery deepens.

So where did the name come from for people to use, especially suddenly when there’s apparently no familiar public figure in the background?

I then found French statistics whose accuracy percentage I don’t know, but it also shows that the name only inspired in the early 1980s!

However, these stats were nice to find! Because it’s nice to see that apparently it was thanks to our Alizée that the name seems to have peaked in France precisely in 2001, etc.?

But, But the sudden rapid popularity of the name in the early 1980s is still a bit of a mystery... At least for now!

Alizée 💜