View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 09:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
I’ve actually researched these name issues pretty much every now and then, but I’m sometimes a hopeless case because...

I take screenshots and links - but I don’t want to publish just oneliners, so I expect to get more in a pile and then I can’t find them all when I need to, but...

I will put here some facts that I remember finding so far......

Well there are no Alizée names in Estonia, I think it's still natural!

In addition, our other neighbors, Denmark and Norway, are not known to have Alizée names...

And what the heck, there were only two (2) women named Alizee in Sweden... [I remember so]

[Okay, I can't say how official and accurate these are, but among other things, Estonian statistics were obviously factual, etc.]

Here comes the core question... Why are there so many Alizée names in Finland compared to those other countries?

> I don't think it's normal in the big picture - but one reason may be that there are more accurate statistics here in Finland than in many other countries?

In addition, the findings show that there were only a couple of the same name in the Netherlands, etc.

An interesting finding, on the other hand, was that the whole name of Alizée was banned in Germany until 2008 and after that, apparently after an appeal/complaint, it was approved for use by the decision of the "Board of Traditional Names" ...

The biggest bomb of all and at least a surprise to me was that the names Alize / Alizeh are apparently really popular in some Muslim countries or in persian traditions...
-

Among other things, it even seems to be one of Pakistan’s most popular names!

And it also means to them "trade wind", but also "joyfull"! (At least suitable for our Alizée!!!! )

It could, in principle, be such a long tradition that it came from there to Europe, but at least the Alizée family probably has no concrete connection to them?
I talked to a guy in Finland, an Alizee fan who I met up with during my vacation there. I believe he's in his 40 and does most of his work in Helsinki. He just told me he never heard the name Alizee until a certain young lady from Corsica came along.