View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 12:53 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

I do believe her parents made a sacrifice as well as she. However, I think the outcome of it all was well worth it.

I'm sure that almost any of us, if given the same oppurtunity at that age, would have taken it. She was able to go out and live up a dream, her dream, and all at a young age. But she does have that fan factor though, where she must be a little more cautious now. Not having her parents around as much, especially starting at a young age, could have been a little tough for her too. With as important as her family is to her, I'm sure she missed her father almost as much as he missed her. As for dropping out of school early, I don't think its that big of a sacrifice given her situation. She is definitely able to get even better education now, if she wants or even needs it. The only thing that would be sacrificial about leaving school early would be leaving friends. Depending on how close she was to them, that could have been very tough as well. In the end, I think she did what most would do though. Even though there were a few sacrifices here and there, the end result made up for it.

Her parents made sacrifices as well, but I don't think they did anything that about any other loving parent wouldn't have done. Even while I have never been in their situation, as I am still young, I do know that a child being away from a parent is tough or at least different. I know this from my long leaves from my mother. When I'd get back she would always tell me how much she missed me, fix me a big dinner, and all that stuff . So with Alizée's mother being with her until 18, I'd say the biggest sacrifice would have been from Jo. But I don't really know this for sure as I obviously wasn't in their shoes. Not being able to see your daughter must be tough, but knowing that she is doing well helps. I'm sure he worried to an extent and definitely missed her, but I think that he trusted her. I think it all comes down to trust and love on the parents part. They first trusted their daughter with the choice to drop school, leave home, and live her dream at a young age. If I were a father in this situation, I would hope that I could have trust in my daughter/son to be able to handle the situation. I'm sure he had trust in her with as strong and as smart of a person she is. Then there is their love. Of course her parents only want the best for her. If a child is offered to live their dream, almost any parent would want them to go do it just so they are happy. Parents want the best for their children, and that is what they did in this situation, I believe. They allowed Alizée the best.

So while I see there were sacrifices made on both sides, in the end, I don't think they were all that devistating. With her frequent visits home, they could all see eachother. Their time together would really count too. And I'm sure they really realized their appreciation for eachother more.

Whatever sacrifices that were made, I'd say they were definitely worth it. Alizée's success makes up for it all. All the sacrifices were for her success and for her to be happy living her dream.