View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 05:32 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I agree; disc sales are becoming increasingly meaningless as an indicator of sales. I've been down this road, worrying about disc sales and whatnot, before with Psychédélices and take it from me... it's just not worth getting worked up or discouraged about. Here we are two years later with a new album for us all to enjoy.

I think it's clear with a lot of the stylistic choices made with Une Enfant du Siècle (electronic yet very retro), and given the kinds of music that are popular today and sells widely, that Alizée and her people didn't create the album to necessarily appeal to the masses and sell millions of copies. She made this album and worked with the other artists she worked with because this is the kind of music that appeals to her and these are the people she wanted to work with. I think that shows a much higher degree of artistic integrity on her part and I support her decisions 100%.

I think at this point with the response of fans (esp. international fans) after Psychédélices, and again with UNdS, that she now understands that there is a core group of fans that really love her and appreciate her work. I don't think she relies on disc sales to know that she is appreciated, not anymore.

Alizée's a big girl now, with a loving and supportive family of her own. As Mylène's "protogée" she's had a first-class training on what it's like and what it takes to be massive star... But she's made her own choices about the kind of work she wants to produce. At this point I would expect Alizée to produce another album in the future regardless with what happens with UEdS disc sales. (The only thing I still might be concerned about are are concerts/tours).

I guess my point is: Don't get worked up or overly worried about Alizée's sales performance; it isn't worth it getting in the way of enjoying the moment and enjoying Alizée.