Thread: Fifty / Sixty
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 12:49 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Especially since, as far as we know, it has still only been made available for French people to buy, though it is supposedly now playing (or soon) on radio stations in Mexico.

I think I liked 50/60 better, though I'm not sure now. I'll have to go listen again. Certainly when 50/60 first came around there was a bit of a shock factor. People wait for years and expect something, who knows what (though Rocket says it was exactly what she was expecting). Then when it was not exactly what they were expecting or hoping for or imagining it could be, then their is a period of adjustment.

It's too bad they aren't doing more singles. I'd like to have gotten 50/60 as a single and maybe other songs. It seems like they could play up the album more in that way. It can never be like when she was a novelty and hit the world unexpected, though. Even there, I wish they had made all the old songs into singles or made videos of them anyway. There are a couple of Alizée's old songs that there are no performances of whatsoever, right? Just what's on the album? From my perspective way after the fact, that's a little disturbing, though I realize it would be way beyond normal fashion if they had done all that. I just, of course, wish there was ever more of Alizée to go around.
It doesn't look like anything other than the MJ video is going to come about before the album is released. I wonder if they are going to make any Alizée materials available for normal purchase by Americans right away. If they are ever going to, what are they waiting for? Hopefully it's just the download-only option that they are not going to make available.

Hmm...how many albums by anyone have had videos made for *all* the songs? I can't think of too many frankly...