Thread: Fifty / Sixty
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 01:17 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

my guess as to why MJ won out over 50/60 would be because while 50/60 was a good song, it was not a radical departure from the type of songs alizée did in the past. also, it might have been a bit too cutesy and not mature enough for people looking towards the new "grown up" alizée. for someone who is making a comeback after 3 1/2 years trying to reinvent her self w/o her former mentor(s), they probably decided that they need a song that's totally unlike what she's done in the past. a bit of shock factor to get people talking about it is good for publicity, too.

i even thought maybe they didn't have time to finish up 50/60 to make it presentable to the public. we know how the song started off good but took a dive towards the end. to me, the 2nd half of the song was very rough and almost unlistenable. perhaps they just couldn't get it together to complete the song for september and maybe they decided to take their time on it in time for the album and release a "short and to the point" song that was pretty much completed.