View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 01:36 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Thanks. I used Womble video wizard. I downloaded it from the internet for $49. You can download a trial version for 30 days. The best part about it is that there's virtually no lag as you move along the time line of the video.

I don't do this professionally. I've learned most of what I know, thanks to Alizée. I've tried working with videos before but ran into problems that I didn't have the motivation to overcome. Then I found out about her and had all the motivation I needed.

One of the problems I ran into in the past was that files you download from web sites like rapidshare or sendspace are in a format that Womble doesn't recognize. So I use VirtualDubMod ( a program that is free to download) to convert these files into an avi format. The only problem with this is where the original file size may have been 200mb, the resulting file size will be about 5 gb. Womble will open avi files but I usually use another program (Simple Movie Maker) to convert them back to an mpeg file of roughly the origional size. Now Womble can handle them easily. There's probably an easier way to do it but what I'm doing works for me so I guess I'll stick with it until I hear of something better.
Yeah, that's the crazy thing about computers anymore. You can't just "do" anything, you need three programs and three separate steps to accomplish anything. What would we do if we weren't wasting all our time screwing around with computers? Speaking of which, time to install Skype.

Merci Fanny