View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 06:08 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Make sure the seller is reliable: their rating should be at least 95%. And obviously look at the number of item sold and every little statistic about them. The problem is that you never know how your purchase will be when it is secondhand. Usually it would be nice to have a professional seller and not a private one because, in theory, it should be more trustworthy for refunds and stuff like that.

I haven't got much experience about buying secondhand things online, but I've bought 3 used cds of Alizée and 2 of them went "wrong":
-MCE (on Amazon), the case was ok but the cd in it was Gourmandises lol;
-the special edition of Psychédélices (on Ebay), the case, the cd and the dvd were ok, but there weren't the poster and the booklet (which were what I was interested in).

But actually I was lucky because the sellers were professional and they refunded me. Also they didn't want back the cd so I got them free lol.
That's why the most important thing is the rating of the seller.

In general, I prefer Amazon because it seems to me that the buyer is more protected. Basically, when anything happens, you just have to say "Hey, Amazon, solve this problem!". Buying on Amazon is already a warranty for me.

Edit:

The link seems to be a CD.
Only the 9 reviews of the seller but still 100% feedback. They seemed pretty nice when replying to a message I sent.

Doesn't appear to be anything really available on Amazon that ships here Ebay's looking like my only immediate option.

To be honest I wouldn't listen to the CD copy of the album that much if I bought it so the condition doesn't bother me too much. Of course I'd give it a few listens through for that experience, but whilst I'm at home with other people in the house for convenience sake I'd probably just stream it digitally with headphones in most of the time.
So it's more of a piece of memorabilia/merchandise that I can hold onto.