View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 01:43 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Unhappy R.I.P. Lillytown.

Let's hope I'm wrong about this, but I fear that I'm not...

Brothers and Sisters, lets have a few moments' silence as we pause and remember our former French counterpart, Alizée-Fanclub.Forumactif.net (formerly known as Lillytown Forum, or LTF for short.)

Yesterday, MerciAlizée and I had heard rumors that they were thinking of shutting down. Today I go there, and - nothing. They're gone. Poof!

A lot of us had joined them there - Roman, Lefty, Inclining Pizza, VVV, HRO, myself and many more. For a while, they were the premiere source to go to for any late-breaking Alizée news. Maybe their biggest problem was a lack of news to report these days.

I must say, it was very odd a few months ago, when they suddenly changed the site's name, web address, layout, and theme - back to the exact setup they'd started with in 2006! As if they no longer wished to acknowledge either of Lili's last two albums! True, a lot of the members there remained Mylène-heads down to the bitter end, holding out hope for a new album with MFéLB, but there were still a lot of members that were progress-minded, too. Yesterday, they were still actively discussing the song lineup for their dream UEDS concert series, commenting on the Tel Aviv performance, and all sorts of current issues. And now today- nada.

I heard that membership and participation was dwindling over there. But the admins and mods must've had some kind of meetings, or decision-making process, or something, right? MA and I have bee trying to find out more about this revolting development, but details are not coming easily.

So I guess this is a thread to share any info any of us discover, and/or to maybe pay final respects.

And, at least for the time being, it appears that Psychalizée.forum-actif.net will be continuing their valuable work. I'm gonna go check there in case they've got any light to shed on all this.