View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I knew that I waited too long (holidays). I almost did the update last night but ran out of time.

The one that reacts the most quickly to changes is the "Talking About" data. This one reacts almost immediately when something significant occurs. For the rest, weekly data does show overall trends, however it will miss the spikes after an event. My problem is that it becomes unwieldy to change the pace of data, and then post it in an "easy to read" form.

I don't know how much work this is for you to collect the data daily, but, if you think we might want to return to daily within a month or two, then it would be better to stay there. If not, then we can go to, and stay with, weekly data.

What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
If it's not too much trouble, I think it would be interesting to stay with daily to see what type of affect the DALS tour and Les Enfoires will have. I'm sure there will probably be several other public appearances too. After the tour is over, I imagine things will start to quiet down somewhat until and if a new album comes out.
Ah, yes... I'm never looking at the big picture... Here I was thinking there wouldn't be anything new for awhile. I had forgotten how soon the DALS tour would start up again, and of course Les Enfoires. I was thinking the end of the year would be a good time to scale back, but I'll keep at it.

Neither of these productions will be televised soon though. Everyone who bought tickets to the DALS tour already knows about her and that she won. I imagine the same thing goes for the Enfoires. I don't expect she will gain many new followers from either show. In fact, I can't imagine what will make her suddenly start to gain loads of new followers the way the DALS series did. A new album release may have much more media coverage than the last one did, both before and after the release as long as she gets it out quickly. But will that bring in the followers?

====================

A side 'benefit' of collecting the figures each morning is that I get to see what Tal is up to. I'd say I get to see what Alizée is up to as well but she doesn't post anything. Tal is off in Miami for holiday and shows pictures of her Burger King meal, and of her in her hotel room, and on the plane. Someone also makes little posts on her Facebook for her about upcoming Tal stuff. Alizée reposts pics from DM1 and DM2. But infrequently. She can do whatever she wants, but I think it would be beneficial to her to give the people something, anything, each day.