View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

The problem is Alizée’s last 3 albums in a row have not been moneymakers for the record company. She hasn’t had a real big hit in over a decade. Her loyal fan base can’t buy enough albums to offset the costs. There is fresh, new competition out there for the record buying public’s hard earned cash, and let’s face it, the public likes something new and fresh. Alizée has tried several different styles hoping to connect with the public, but to no avail. She wasn’t even able to capitalize on her DALS popularity. There’s a good chance the record company is not going to put up money much longer to fund Alizée’s album projects with this kind of track record. If she is still under contract with her record company, they can usually keep her from producing anything on her own until the contract runs out.

Now for the positive. If Alizée is free from her contract, or can somehow get out of it, she could self-produce an album. She could use her own money to pay for recording and work with musical friends she has met over the years to get the necessary songs and musicians. She could then release the album through iTunes or some other online sales medium. In other words, make it digital download only to save the manufacturing costs of CDs. If her loyal fans and a few others would buy it, she may make enough to cover costs and make a small profit. I know it doesn’t sound like the good old days, but it might end up being the only choice left to her in the future. It’s also possible Alizée might find a smaller independent label to take her on.

The thing is, Alizée seems content right now to just do her dancing thing. I’m not sure she really needs the income, but she is still probably making more money from dancing right now than she could from singing. I think she has found love and happiness again, and is really enjoying it. She may not want to disrupt that right now by struggling through another album release.