View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 09:58 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I was amazed that Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas" earns her 60 million a year in royalties, for just one song! That song is an anomaly though, as I hear it in holiday movies and everywhere else during Christmas. Artists make royalties from views on YouTube, sharing ad revenues, so maybe that is one of the reasons why Alizee's official videos were re-released last year.

But still, most articles I read on musical artists show that most struggle. Maybe Alizee continues to earn royalties from Moi Lolita. Maybe she makes income from her albums still selling on iTunes. I would like to think that Alizee has money socked away from her earlier years, where she certainly would be worth at least a million. Somehow, I have my doubts though. Her last three albums bombed in sales and she quit singing. Who knows how much she had to invest in those albums with little return? Would she quit singing if it made her a millionaire?

Her and Greg seem to be doing pretty good though. They seem to travel a good amount.