View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Big French fish in a very small American pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
Is Pierre Capretz really so famous in US ?
And Valerie Allain ?
They do not have Q scores. - but, incredibly, neither do Audrey Tautou or Leslie Caron! Also, please remember that very few people in the United States learn a foreign language compared to Europeans!

The continuing advance of English has academic fallout. Only 44% of US high school students and less than 8% of US university undergrads study foreign languages. The fraction of European Union high school students who study a foreign language is 48% in the UK, 81% in Ireland and 96% to 100% in other nations.

Roughly speaking, 1.6 million Americans age 5+ speak French at home. Six times as many adults (age 18+), about 10 million, can converse in French, and comprise 4.4 percent of US adults. In contrast, in the UK, a fraction twice as large, about 9 percent, of adults (age 15+) have more than basic French skills. In France, about 20 percent of adults (age 15+), and 33 percent of those ages 15-29 have more than basic English skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Never heard of them if that says anything
The following may explain why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yeah my name's john smith. I'm 7 years old....
We will save Mireille's future-jailbait younger sister, Marie-Laure, for you!

Close your eyes, Aaron. I am now going to make Valérie Allain a bit more popular in les États-Unis!

P.S. Who has the address of the YouTube video in which Alizée teaches a little French to her Mexican chat-show hosts?

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-07-2011 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: mention more French actresses without Q scores