View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 11:27 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
If there's ever a time for her to be planning for or thinking about her career in the future it's now I guess. Whether there is any future in doing covers, performances such as the recent ones in Poland or even a new album one day, we don't know. Though I highly doubt she's completely done with that career, pretty confident we'll see more of her in the future.
Six months ago I had the opinion that Alizee's music career is probably done, except for the occasional engagements where she would do a karaoke concert. I did try to keep some hope alive that she might make another album, but that was just me focusing on what I wanted her to do, not what she wanted to do with the rest of her career. She said in an early interview that she wanted to have a dance studio, and she achieved that goal. There was no reason to believe that she would take a different direction than putting all her efforts into the studio.

Now all of a sudden, we have a different world with the novel virus. The dance studio has been closed for a few months and there is no indication that it has reopened, and if/when it does, the way classes are taught will probably have to change, with less students and little physical contact. Plus, unless dancing is part of career aspirations, taking lessons of any kind is a luxury. I'm not sure what the employment situation is in Ajaccio, but if job losses are similar to what has occurred everywhere else, affordability will be a factor in keeping dance classes full.

So, a reboot of Alizee's singing career might be on the table.

Can Alizee become successful in the music industry again without Mylene? How can she go wrong working with the queen of French pop? I hesitate to say this because I am the same age as Mylene, but she seems to be fading with age and losing her influence in France. The Julia project looked to be a slam dunk. A beautiful girl with a beautiful singing voice becoming the next Lolita under the coaching of Mylene. The public response was mediocre at best, and even the last video of Julia performing an outdoor strip tease while singing couldn't get much interest.

Alizee has an international following that goes beyond the francophone countries. There is potential for her, and I don't think she should be boxed into trying to revive her singing in the same region where she failed before. It could be an ambitious bar band with a vision that might court her into a new direction. Now I get to resume what I have been doing for a long time, wait and hope for something to happen.