View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Lol ^^ yeah, i've got nothing against teaching english in french schools, which has always been done, just like british kids are learning french in theirs.

But the problem comes from the fact that our language has always been very well respected, until the end of the second world war and the overwhelming american cultural offensive that came with the Marshall plan... then the UK and France's international status decreased dramatically. The language of science, politics , diplomacy and art used to be French while the language of trade, economics , industry and travel used to be proper british english. Now both the UK and France that were once rivaling for worlwide supremacy are both crushed under the immense power of the american empire which explains why french speaking populations across the globe are now more and more turning their back on Molière's language, while at the same time the authentic british english is being americanized with each passing day .
I mean, I love the US, and I know there's nothing we can do against the world adopting the language of the dominant power, and might not be a bad thing , but I feel sorry knowing that france's last prestigious universities where our elite is being taught , are forcing more and more teachers to teach in english in order to please foreign student who don't wanna bother learning french... :/

(as always , sorry for my grammar )

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 06-02-2013 at 10:44 AM..