View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 02:26 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

So a small group of students who are probably coming from America are demanding that the university that they plan to attend offer courses in english. Well Boo Hoo! I agree with both of you.

This reminds me of what happened at the University of Illinois. For years the school's mascot was Chief Illiniwek, a noble chief who danced during half time at football and basketball games. This was fine for everyone until a small group of Native Americans enrolled and began protesting that the school's mascot was an abomination toward all indians. This group goes around to american universities that have indian mascots and force the school to get rid of them or give them a large sum of money.

They tried this at Florida State who had the Fighting Seminoles. Instead of giving in to their demands, they went to the Seminole tribe and offered to pay them a yearly salary in order to use their name. The Seminole tribe accepted and the militant group left the school.

So I would tell these students to either learn french or or apply to another school that does.