View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 09:06 AM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Koninginnedag Museumplein Amsterdam event of 30 April 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
^^^^^^By the way, were you Alizée-Nederland aware of those Alizée performances in Holland in the early 2000s when you seem to have found her so early?

But apparently you haven’t attended that concert, for example?
I was aware yes.

But it was a different time, you had nearly no Internet and in The Netherlands you couldn't watch the French TV channels as they were not on the cable.

So when I got back from the holiday in France at the end of August 2000, there was like nothing for a long time until (the run-up to) the release of Moi... Lolita in the Netherlands on 20 March 2001.
Since then until 2004 Alizée stayed popular in The Netherlands, but unfortunately - and despite rumors in 2003-2004 - there has never been a full concert.

Moi... Lolita entered the Dutch charts on a very high position (6), a record for a non-Dutch and non-English song, and later climbed to the second place of the charts.

The Koninginnedag Museumplein Amsterdam concert was like the biggest and most popular event of the year, which meant you couldn't just go there on 30 April 2001 itself - for basically one song - and expect to be able to see anything at all when you're not already there on the square way before the event even started.
Also, as I'm about the same age as Alizée, back then I couldn't just decide to go there myself, and you didn't have mobile phones or anything, so if you went somewhere you had to stick together all the time, otherwise you would never have found each other in such an enourmous crowd.
And that would be if you would actually have managed to travel halfway through the country back then to reach Amsterdam with overloaded public transport and traffic jams everywhere.
So I ended up watching it on TV, where you could see it better then when you would be somewhere in the back of the square.