View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:42 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Totally worth it if you are that into Alizée. It seems a bit late to do it now, but if you got really into it and spent all kinds of time trying to track this stuff down like some people have, just the shipping charges alone of having the stuff shipped separately would equal that amount. I bought a small collection for like $300 or maybe it was even €300. That's how I got most of the older stuff that I have. Of course, if one thinks "I'll cherish these items forever" it's easier to justify. When I bought my stuff, I couldn't imagine ever wanting to give it up. I still can't face that possibility. But things change and then it is difficult to have a huge collection filling up the room. Still, I suppose it's easier to then give it up after having acquired it so easily.

Collecting the stuff bit by bit over years is much more work. Of course, it's also part of the fun--to collect stuff as it comes out. I have some of the older promotions, like the J'ai pas vingt ans 12" vinyl because she looks so fabulous on the cover. Looking at that beautiful photo every day for years makes a few tens of dollars worth it. Alizée never stops being beautiful for me. I've never "gotten used to" all these posters and stuff in the sense of it becoming banal, even if feelings change a bit in some ways.

I think it's better that she share the collection with the world by selling it than just box it up in storage if that is the alternative. I don't know if anyone will pay that much for one purchase at this point though. I have certainly spent thousands over time, though I could have laid it all out at any point during that time. But for all the older stuff, there's just so much. I never got much into collecting it because I knew I could never get anywhere near all of it. But yeah, I broke down to temptation and bought that collection. I'm glad I did actually, even if I wasn't around at the time and thus more able to appreciate some of the pieces. I say, at least get one copy of each piece of actual music--all the albums and remixes, and the concert DVD. And especially for new fans who think they will be around a while, get a couple posters man!

Merci Fanny