View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 10:29 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Although it's expected that the members would know a bit about Alizee when they visit this site, but still I feel bio isn't long and with those links to buy albums it is basic requirement for homepage. If we don't have bio, then what do we have there?

Homepage banner needs update.

We can add instagram too. I have access to home page now and can make changes there.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I have been taking some mental notes of some things that members had commented in chat or in a forum post that would improve the web site, plus I have my own ideas. I am just going to list them all out in bullet points so I can just get them all out there in one place. This is a "wish list" only and there are no expectations tied to them.

What makes the suggestion process difficult in this case is we do not know what the limitations are, whether it be a limitation of talent, money, time or the software this site was developed with. In any case, here is the list.

* Allow non-registered users to view chat, but not be able to post until they register. Have it viewable from the landing page. (of course, some recent conversations would have to be scrubbed).

* Adding language packs to the site to attract international members. A few language that come to mind is Spanish, Russian, and French.

* Convert the landing page to HTML5 for a more modern, dynamic experience. Some of our younger members had expressed that a redesign of the site to something more modern would be appropriate.

* Update the forum to a more recent version but still retain all history.

* Change the strategy in which site donations are collected. There should be more transparency of annual operating costs, financial goals should be made viewable to members and progress toward goals should be regularly updated.

* A forum should be created that is private to members only. This thread is a good example of something that should not be visible to non-members.

* How about a forum for other French singers? There might be a thread created for Lorie, once the web crawlers do their business, a Lorie fan might end up on this site after a web search.

* The landing page is probably what most chatter has been about. There is at least one dead link, and the Podcast is not relevant anymore. It can be a work in progress and evolve in steps, but taking that first step has been the hardest.
Even if you manage to get the site backup, it's unlikely that you can get the AAm domain name anytime soon.

Current chat doesn't support view for guests. Need to replace it with some other chat mod for public view.

Updating the forum software and other bulk changes are dependent on server access which we won't get anytime soon.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 09-29-2018 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts