View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 12:11 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road
Talking My Birthday Present for Alizée - a rendition of Radiohead's "Creep."

Since it is princess Alizée's birthday, I figured my post might as well be a positive one dedicated to her instead of like my previous negative one. So this is what I'm giving her for her birthday - I did a cover of Radiohead's "Creep" and recorded it. I threw this all together using some crappy software I found online since I'm not tech savvy enough to do otherwise. I subsequently uploaded it to youtube. (I didn't even have a youtube account prior to this, so I made one solely for this purpose...I even put Alizée's birthday as my own hehe).

I chose this song because docdtv's posts in the past about unrequited love really stuck to me and reminded me of how I felt about her when I first discovered her. And on top of that, some of you might remember that Alizée's playlist on Goom Radio did in fact have a few Radiohead songs, albeit not this one specifically. If you are unfamiliar with this song or would like to hear what it's SUPPOSED to sound like, feel free to look up Radiohead's "Creep" on youtube or elsewhere before listening to my butchered version of it. I also decided to go with the CLEAN version instead of the dirty one since it's her birthday.

So anyway, here's my version. My voice is too deep to hit certain notes, so I had to go an octave lower. Hahaha. This is probably the most fun I've ever had preparing a present for anyone. Crank up the volume and bear with me

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lxlZtT5HWKs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lxlZtT5HWKs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And here's the direct link as well:

For comparison; the real thing from Radiohead:

I think after spending just about 4 months here on this forum, I finally got this fan-crazed obsession out of my system. It has been fun, and I still love her deeply, but I'm not as crazy anymore and I think it has run its course. (I can sleep at nights now instead of thinking about her nonstop).

I'll never forget how she has changed my life. My schedule is all over the place right now, so I'll probably be on AAM during odd hours. But I will come back to check on news updates such as tour dates (or to stare at Jalen's sig for hours). For now, I will leave you all on AAM with this note:

Happy Birthday, Alizée!

- Rictor