View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 07:51 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiècleTerrible View Post
Thank you for the kind public encouragement. Your English must be very good; I do not make the effort to write short, simple sentences.

I remember reading that some part of Corsican architecture reflects a Spanish influence. For a time, the island was held by Aragon, which is said to explain the use of a Moor's head on Corsica's flag.
I always find interesting all those historic facts, specially between France, Spain, Italy, and United Kingdom.
All these countries had been influenced by the rest at some point in history, since roman empire times until today, and they had been allies or enemies depending on the era that we are looking at.

And of course Corsica´s history is particularly interesting for its strategic location in the Mediterranean sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiècleTerrible View Post
Is there any special affection in Spain for Alizée's song [I]Hey amigo[I]?
Yes, the reference to the city was exciting, specially back in 2004 when people was hoping to see Alizée performing that song in a concert in Barcelona, but that was never the case...
I like the song not only for the spanish city, i like it for the way she sings it in third person to a friend who is falling for a girl and how she compares this girl with the city.
And the reference about a tattoo on the girl´s back!