View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 02:38 PM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

IMHO English is the most beautiful language, seriously. I looove to listen to all those various vowels :P .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
Sorbian and Slovenian are one of the few languages in the world that have dual next to singular and plural. Being a Slovene myself, I consider it natural to use dual when I speak with someone in my own language, but I have noticed that more and more people of my generation (and younger generations) in my country are starting to use plural instead of dual, using the latter only when they want to stress that only two persons will do something (for example, when they talk about having a date or having sex ). Anyway, I see dual as something intimate and personal and I don't care if younger generations think that its outdated.
In Polish there used to be dual too but it's been archaical since I-don't-know-when. It remained in some proverbs, though. And also this knowledge is useful if you read Polish medieval texts .

When it comes to outdated manners, the Polish pluperfect is quite dead. But roughly 30 years ago people still spoke with it. Or rather had spoken.
The Round belong

Last edited by Jazzmin; 05-10-2014 at 02:41 PM..