View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 07:01 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

That;s a good question about the vineyards. I'm sure there are. I have pictures from the different markets I visited that I remember sold Corsican wines. I will post them tomorrow.

I received an answer to the question from Jean Baptiste about the drank he gave me. It was Myrthe, keep in mind it has different spellings in different areas and this is what Wikipedia says about it....

Mirto (licòre/-i de murta in Sardinian, licòr di mortula in Corsican) is a popular liqueur in the islands of Sardinia, Corsica and Capraia.[1]

"It is obtained from the myrtle plant through the alcoholic maceration of the berries or a compound of berries and leaves. Myrtle grows freely in Sardinia, where the liqueur was consumed as part of a local niche market, in two varieties: the one with black berries and the other one with the white ones; legend has it that, long ago, Sardinian bandits introduced this particular usage of the plant to the nearby island of Corsica, where the liqueur has also been considered a traditional drink since then."

I will tell you about another Alizée related restaurant tomorrow.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-24-2018 at 07:05 PM..